News Release - 2018
Date: 10 September 2018
Eaton delivers versatile, resilient backup power for data center and IT managers with 9PXM UPS
RALEIGH, N.C. … Data center and network infrastructure is the critical backbone enabling a connected world. In today’s mixed environment of on-premises and cloud solutions, energy and power management play a significant role in quality, reliability and optimized asset utilization.
Eaton stands at the forefront of this market by uniquely organizing, protecting and managing critical IT efficiently. As such, Eaton today announced the North American launch of its 9PXM uninterruptible power system (UPS), a scalable, modular backup power solution for a wide range of data center, industrial and commercial applications. With plug-and-play power and user-replaceable battery modules, the 9PXM UPS gives data center operators and IT managers a flexible solution for delivering reliable backup power that can scale to meet their needs.
“From edge data centers and colocation facilities to commercial and industrial facilities, IT managers need versatile backup power that meets their businesses’ unique requirements,” said Graciano Beyhaut, senior product line manager, Eaton. “We’ve engineered the 9PXM UPS with a modular and versatile design that allows these users to start small and expand as their business needs grow, all while maintaining a compact footprint.”
The 9PXM’s high power rating, small footprint and easy rack conversion make it an ideal backup power solution for a range of IT applications. The solution’s online double-conversion technology, Eaton’s Advanced Battery Management (ABM®) technology and high efficiency mode deliver the highest level of reliability with the lowest total cost of ownership in the 4-20 kVA range, eliminating customers’ need to compromise reliability for efficiency.
Eaton’s 9PXM UPS offers a range of benefits and features, including:
- Smart extended battery module (EBM) technology that can sense the need for battery replacement
- Hot-swappable power and battery modules to reduce service calls or redundant system bypass
- Compact footprint that saves valuable equipment space and allows for deployment in tight spaces
- Compatibility with 4-post or high-density racks, power distribution units (PDUs) and network gear for seamless integration into IT infrastructure
- Universal slots for extended runtime in a single chassis
- Software integration for advanced features. Utilize Eaton’s Intelligent Power Manager™ software to have the 9PXM trigger automatic remediation policies such as live migration of virtual machines in response to unplanned power events for disaster avoidance, or Visual Power Manager to manage and control edge deployments and large infrastructures.
With a 94 percent efficiency rating at full load, Eaton’s 9PXM UPS delivers reliable backup power with a small carbon footprint.
To learn more about Eaton’s 9PXM UPS, visit Eaton.com/9PXM. Information on Eaton’s full line of power management products to help professionals organize, protect and manage their critical infrastructure can be found at Eaton.com/powerquality.
Eaton’s electrical business is a global leader with expertise in power distribution and circuit protection; backup power protection; control and automation; lighting and security; structural solutions and wiring devices; solutions for harsh and hazardous environments; and engineering services. Eaton is positioned through its global solutions to answer today’s most critical electrical power management challenges.
Eaton is a power management company with 2017 sales of $20.4 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 96,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com.