Integrated power management for virtual environments
Eaton’s Intelligent Power Manager (IPM) software is certified as VMware ready and provides the needed tools to monitor and manage power devices in your physical or virtual environment. Seamlessly integrating into VMware’s vCenter server and vRealize Operations Manager, IPM ensures system uptime and data integrity by allowing you to remotely monitor, manage and control devices on your network through the vCenter dashboard or vRealize Operations management platform.
Eaton and VMware
As the fifth element of converged infrastructure, Eaton more effectively organizes, protects and manages your IT environment. By integrating with the VMware vCenter dashboard and vRealize Operations management platform, IPM simplifies the management process and allows you to work from a single interface.
Unique alliance integration
Being VMware ready means IPM interoperates seamlessly with a virtual infrastructure and has met specific VMware integration and interoperability standards. Since IPM is VMware ready, it will integrate quickly and you know it will work including:
- System integration - Simplify setup and reduce the learning curve by conveniently integrating into your vCenter dashboard or vRealize Operations management platform, allowing you to spend time performing other critical tasks
- Remote agentless host management - Conserve valuable time when remotely shutting down servers by eliminating the need for agents that consume resources and slow performance
- Workload management (load shedding) - Increase system uptime while extending battery runtime and minimizing generator load by suspending non-critical virtual machines
- Failover - Avoid data loss and ensure data integrity at all times. Reduce data recovery expenses by synching primary and disaster recovery sites prior to power failure
- Power capping - Keep critical workloads running longer during a power outage by limiting server power consumption
Learn more about Eaton and VMware’s joint collaboration