Battery Support and Replacement
Minimise inconvenience and down timeAlthough batteries are supplied with a variety of published life spans, the fact is that some batteries demonstrate a useful life of as little as three to five years. There are several factors that contribute to the shortened usefulness of a battery, including the number of discharges, depth of discharges, environmental conditions and lack of regular maintenance. Regular battery maintenance and pro-active battery replacement are the best solutions for reducing the risk of system down time. Eaton has the battery services that your UPS system needs.
Battery Preventative MaintenancePreventative maintenance maximises up-time and extends battery life by eliminating problems before they happen. Whether a battery fails from defect or deterioration, the best time to find out is during preventative maintenance service, not during a power failure where critical loads might be compromised.
Preventative Maintenance for Eaton UPS solutions can be tailored to suit any maintenance program. Standard plans for power systems include the following:
- Comprehensive maintenance for your VRLA or flooded batteries
- Measure of cell voltage levels
- Total battery terminal voltages
- Visual inspection for leaks or bad cells
- Inspection of battery environment
- Detailed written inspection report of battery test and inspection report along with recommendations for corrective action
- Capacity Testing
Mission critical systems with multiple battery strings can be discharge tested on separate visits ensuring that your power system retains half battery redundancy at all times.
Our standard battery replacement service covers:
- Removal of old batteries
- Installation of new batteries
- Check of charging voltage
- Ground freight
- Approved battery disposal and recycling