Intelligent Power Manager (IPM) integrates with VMware’s vRealize Operations Manager and vCenter dashboard letting you manage the power to your virtualized environment. IPM simplifies power management across the network through a single, web-based interface, giving you up-to-the-minute information of the status of your power infrastructure.
Manage your environment
IPM allows you to view and monitor your power network and all equipment attached to it from your vCenter dashboard and vRealize Operations management platform. You can receive instant access to alerts, initiate a virtual machine move or perform a graceful shutdown in the event of an extended outage. With IPM integration, you can remotely monitor and manage Eaton’s broad range of UPSs and rack PDUs from your vCenter dashboard or vRealize Operations management platform including:
- ePDU G3 – Third-generation rack mounted power distribution units that offer best-in-class features designed to meet your specific IT needs. IPM integration allows you to measure power consumption and remotely control individual outlets.
- 5P UPS, 5PX UPS, 9PX UPS, 93PS UPS – Supplies more real power (watts) to protect more equipment and leave room for expanding IT systems. IPM integration provides continuous uptime of servers and virtual machines and remote management.
- Automatic transfer switch – Provides power redundancy to equipment with a single power supply and transfers between sources with no interruption. IPM facilitates remote monitoring capabilities to help keep mission critical applications running.
- Environmental monitoring probe – Collect temperature and humidity readings in the rack environment and remotely monitor the data from your vCenter dashboard via IPM.
Eaton offers two licenses of IPM software based upon an increasing level of capabilities and the number of licensed nodes. (One licensed node is defined as a UPS, rack PDU or IPM instance):
- IPM Silver license:
- Supports up to 100 licensed nodes
- IPM Gold license:
- Supports over 100 licensed nodes
- Allows action on competitor UPSs
- Not sure which license to choose? Check out this comparison
- Eaton Infrastructure Management Pack for VMware vRealize Operations Manager:
- This plug-in allows you to use Intelligent Power Manager (IPM) with VMware vRealize Operations Manager to manage the health, risk and efficiency of power and environmental devices.
Integrate power management into your virtualisation dashboard
Learn more about Intelligent Power Software