Software and Connectivity
Eaton offers a wide range of software, drivers and connectivity products helping customers manage and monitor their critical environments, improving operational performance, minimizing costs and optimizing continuity of the entire business.
View all Eaton software designed to manage and monitor either single power devices or a more complex infrastructure.
View all Eaton connectivity devices that enable you to monitor and manage your UPS and other power quality equipment.
Hints on how to choose the right monitoring and management solutionDepending upon your application and requirements, there are several ways to monitor and manage your power devices or the entire infrastructure of your application
- Single UPS: Network card
You can usually monitor a single UPS through an optional network card. Our network cards are essentially their own servers, so they record event history, send email and text message alerts, and provide remote access to real-time status. Using a network card is usually the best way to manage one UPS.
- Shutdown: Network card and Intelligent Power Protector (IPP)
If your UPS is protecting servers, you can use our software to schedule safe shutdowns and prevent data loss in the event of a prolonged power outage. For an Eaton UPS with a network card, IPP is the Eaton shutdown agent. IPP communicates directly with the network card (or over USB and serial if needed) to register itself and receive alerts to initiate soft shutdown of your IT systems.
- Multiple UPS installations: Network cards and Intelligent Power Manager (IPM)
For multiple UPSs spread out across a network closet, campus or enterprise, IPM software is designed to aggregate and manage your power devices (both UPSs and network-enabled ePDU products).
- Virtualisation: Network card and IPM
IPM is the industry leader integrating power with virtualisation platforms. The IPM shutdown agent management enables safe shutdown of virtualized servers—even servers in clusters running vCenter or XenCenter. Live migrations can be triggered to transparently move virtual machines to an available server on the network, for data integrity and zero downtime.
- Monitoring of power, environmental and physical capacity metrics in IT rooms and data centres: IPM Infrastructure
Intelligent Power Manager (IPM) Infrastructure allows operators of IT rooms and data centres to understand and monitor data centre power, environmental and physical capacity metrics, all within the context of their IT infrastructure quickly and easily. Using this information, IT managers can then plan changes, anticipate challenges and make intelligent management decisions to optimise efficiency and ensure business continuity.
- PC, Workstation & Home AV UPS
- Eaton Protection Station (500-800VA)
- Eaton 3S (550-700 VA)
- Eaton Ellipse ECO (500-1600VA)
- Eaton 5S (550 - 1500VA)
- Eaton Ellipse PRO (650-1600VA)
- Network & Server
- Eaton 5SC (500 - 3000VA)
- Eaton 5P (650-1550 VA)
- Eaton 5PX (1500-3000 VA)
- Eaton EX (700-1500 VA)
- Eaton 9SX (700-3000 VA)
- Eaton 9SX (5-11 kVA)
- Eaton 9PX (1-3 kVA)
- Eaton 9PX (5-22 kVA)
- Eaton 9155 (8-30 KVA)
- Data Center & Facility UPS
- BladeUPS (12-60 kW)
- Eaton 93E (80 - 200 kVA)
- Eaton 91PS and 93PS (8-30/40 kW)
- Eaton 93PM (30-500 kVA)
- Power Xpert 9395P (250-1200 kVA)
- Industrial UPS
- Eaton 9PHD Industrial (30-200 kVA)
- Marine & Offshore UPS
- Eaton 9130 Marine (1000-3000 VA)
- Eaton 9PX Marine (1500-3000 VA)
- Eaton 9155 Marine (8-30 kVA)
- Eaton 9355 Marine (8-40 kVA)
- Eaton 93PS Marine (8-40 kW)
- Eaton 9PHD Marine (30-200 kVA)
- Power Xpert 9395 Marine (225-1100 kVA)
- DC Power