Questions to consider
When it comes to backup power, here are some basic questions to ask yourself.
1. How often do you refresh and maintain your IT hardware (including servers)? What about your UPS equipment?
2. If you have a converged data-voice network, have you protected all critical switches?
3. If you have virtualized your servers, have you considered the impact on your UPS equipment?
4. What would happen if the power went out at your facility right now?
5. Have you thought about the impact of damaged or corrupted data?
6. How much energy do your UPS units consume? How efficient are they?
7. What is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
1. What size UPS do you need? (kVA or amperage)
2. What voltage is currently available at your site?
3. What voltage do you need?
4. What runtime do you want?
5. Are there any clearances or size constraints?
6. Do you have bypass requirements?
7. What types of input and output connections are required?
8. Is there a generator on site?
9. Does the UPS need to be scalable?
10. Do you need redundancy?
1. How is power getting from the UPS to your equipment?
2. Do you have a need for enclosures, communications, seismic mounting, floor stands or rail kits?
3. Is a maintenance bypass switch needed?
1. Is there a need to have orderly scheduled shutdowns?
2. Do you want to remotely monitor the UPS?
3. Would you like to remotely notify others of UPS events?
4. How will your UPS software manage virtual servers during an extended power outage?
1. Do you need immediate factory response?
2. What kind of parts and labor coverage do you need?
3. Do you want any type of preventive maintenance?
4. When’s the last time you checked the batteries in your existing UPS units?
- PC, Workstation & Home AV UPS
- Eaton 3S (550-700 VA)
- Eaton Ellipse ECO (500-1600VA)
- Eaton 5E (500-2000VA)
- Eaton 5S (550 - 1500VA)
- Network & Server
- Eaton 5P (650-1550 VA)
- Eaton 5130 (1250-3000 VA)
- Eaton 5PX (1500-3000 VA)
- Eaton 9130 (700-6000 VA)
- Eaton 9130 RM (1000-3000 VA)
- Eaton EX (700-3000 VA)
- E Series DX (1-3 kVA)
- Eaton 9SX (5-6 kVA)
- Eaton 9PX (1-3 kVA)
- Eaton 9PX (5-11 kVA)
- Eaton 9E (6-20 kVA)
- Eaton MX (4-20 kVA)
- Eaton 9155 (8-30 KVA)
- Data Center & Facility UPS
- BladeUPS (12-60 kW)
- E Series DX ( 20-40 kVA)
- Eaton 9355 (8-40 kVA)
- Eaton 93E (15-500 kVA)
- Eaton 93PM (30-200 kW)
- Eaton 93PR (25-200 kW)
- Eaton 9390 (40-160 kVA)
- Power Xpert 9395 (225-1100 kVA)
- Marine & Offshore UPS
- Eaton 9130 Marine (1000-3000 VA)
- Eaton 9PX Marine (1500-3000 VA)
- Eaton EX Marine (1500-3000 VA)
- Eaton 9155 Marine (8-30 kVA)
- Eaton 9355 Marine (8-40 kVA)
- Power Xpert 9395 Marine (225-1100 kVA)
- DC Power