Eaton's Virtualization-ready UPS BundlesThe new Eaton virtualization-ready UPS bundles pair some of the most popular UPSs with a network card and management software in one convenient package, seamlessly integrating into industry-leading virtualization platforms.
Supporting these bundles is a software solution that expands the capabilities of your virtual platform — creating a strategic, maximized asset. By integrating your UPS and network card with Eaton’s free Intelligent Power Software Suite (IPSS), you can monitor and manage your UPSs and connected equipment anytime, anywhere.
Eaton’s virtualization solution allows you to:
- Seamlessly integrate with VMware’s vCenter Server™ virtualization management solution, as well as virtualization platforms such as Citrix® XenServer, Microsoft SCVMM™, Red Hat® and other Xen® open source platforms
- Initiate live migration of virtual machines (VM) to automatically and transparently migrate VMs during power disruptions to unaffected devices with systems such as VMware vMotion™ and Microsoft Live Migration
- Monitor and manage power either inside or outside the data center, even by individual outlet segment for some devices
- Measure power consumption to help calculate power usage effectiveness (PUE), a widely-utilized metric for gauging data center power efficiency
- Receive real-time status updates of your UPS or PDU
Virtualization-ready bundles with Network Card-MS are available for select Eaton UPS models of:
Designed with managed outlet segments, hot-swappable batteries, 99 percent efficiency and two managed outlet segments —provides an integrated power management solution for any IT environment.
Provides more available power, >95 percent efficiency, high performance protection and battery backup for unpredictable power in any IT environment.
Reliable, versatile and efficient backup power for IT equipment, including Cisco switches and servers.