Eaton enhances Cisco performance
Cisco is changing the way organizations do business through the policy-based automation and standardized IT processes in its Unified Computing System™ (UCS). UCS’s configuration is programmable using unified, model-based management to accelerate deployment of enterprise-class applications and services running in virtualized and cloud-computing environments, among others.
Since a virtualized infrastructure lets you do more with fewer IT resources, reliable power protection is vital. That’s where Eaton comes in. Our power management and protection solutions pair with Cisco’s offerings to give you unprecedented control against damage and downtime.
Eaton and Cisco
Eaton is a Cisco Solution Partner, OEM partner and compatible products provider. That means you’re getting a powerful, integrated, scalable converged infrastructure solution that’s designed to properly protect and support your network.
As the crucial element of UCS Integrated Infrastructures, Eaton solutions ensure safe operation and business continuity for IT environments:
- Single-pane-of-glass management in VMware vCenter, Citrix XenCenter, Microsoft Hyper-V and CA Nimsoft plug-in
- Integration with UCS Server Manager to support power capping (setting server consumption limits in the event of an extended power outage)
- Approved compatible products—including some designed specifically for use with Cisco products and Cisco HyperFlex hyperconverged solutions
- As a Dell EMC Technology Connect Advantage Partner, Eaton delivers integrated and scalable solutions to protect and support VSPEX, VxRail and Vblock ecosystems.
- As a NetApp alliance partner, we provide power management solutions for FlexPod to increase system availability and reduce project risk
- Enhanced load shedding, virtual machine migration, power capping capabilities and NetApp FAS power setting management (via Data ONTAP) with Intelligent Power Manager (IPM)
- Disaster recovery initiation to failover sites